in september 2003, it all started with a compilation, and now it all ends with a compilation. what else could be such a good way to witness the label's progress through almost 2 years of its existence, as well as the progress of its artists, especially with some of those featured in this final compilation having been featured in surfaces netlabel's very first collective release? here are 11 tracks that trip from sparse ambience to soothing noisy walls of sound. 'by way of conclusion' may easily be one of the best surfaces releases. it is intended to be an impressive and persuasive leaving with a lasting impression. enjoy the very last sounds of surfaces netlabel!
the compilation is mastered by mckaras (lt)
August 14, 2005
Leaving a Lasting Impression
Excellent compilation of Surfaces' artists representing several genres that will leave a lasting impression on the listener
1. Electro - "What is Love" - melodic ambient piano
2. Federico Monti - "Sintetico" - microsound/glitch, minimal percusive elements
3. lys - "Kasdien" - ambient, drone, microsounds, downtempo
4. Arturas Bumsteinas - "Domestic Pleasures" - ambient, noisy, abstract, microsounds, spacious
5. Farid Aliyev - "Reading Book Thinking Guitar" - experimental guitar, abstract, discordant
6. Rising Spirit - "Notambush" - experimental electronica, repetitive
7. Dayeight - "Tactical Media" - experimental electronica, noisy, abstract beats
8. Pelpp - "Jet Wish" - experimental electronica/IDM, wild beats, microsounds, melodic moments
9. A. Vanvranken - "Bye" - orchestral, electroacoustic, melodic downtempo
10. Gintas K. - "Nezinau Kas Tai" - powerful beats, electronic drone, ambient noise
11. Audio_z - "Leaving" - experimental, cinematic, orchestral, glitch/microsound, evolving
August 14, 2005
i think that it's fuckin crazy not to write the names of the authors. please do it! i want to know who composed these tracks: neznau kas tai, domestic pleasures, tactical media.
those are fuckin great!!!